Annonce pour une offre de poste de Cytogénéticien au Laboratoire National de Santé, CDI temps plein (National Center of Genetics in the Hematooncogenetics-Cytogenetics Service).
About LNS :
The « Laboratoire National de Santé » (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. As a multidisciplinary institute, the LNS consists of four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection. In addition, the LNS is also hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics. The LNS has its premises in Dudelange since 2013.
The mission of the LNS is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases and to ensure the role of a national control or reference laboratory as well as to carry out forensic tasks. The institution also contributes to the development, harmonization and promotion of technical laboratory methods in close collaboration with local and international analytical laboratories.
Within the scope of its responsibilities, the LNS is also leading research and teaching activities in collaboration with partners in Luxembourg and abroad. With its modern infrastructure in line with the recent evolution of medical and analytical sciences, the LNS is an ambitious laboratory with innovative projects that increase its expertise in public health.
About NATIONAL CENTER OF GENETICS :
The NCG at the LNS has approximately 45 employees and is subdivided into three services:
1) Clinical Genetics Service 2) Hemato-Oncogenetics-Cytogenetics Service 3) Molecular Genetics Service
The Hemato-Oncogenetics and Cytogenetics team is involved in pre- and postnatal diagnosis (constitutional chromosomal aberrations) and hematooncogenetic diagnosis (acquired aberrations) of patients with hematological neoplasia.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated cytogeneticist to join our dynamic team in the Hematooncogenetics-Cytogenetics service. These tasks await you here:
– Supervise and manage a team of laboratory technicians and scientists in cytogenetics.
– Direct the daily operations of the cytogenetic laboratory
– Develop, validate and implement new procedures and techniques
– Interpret and communicate genetic results to physicians and others health professionals.
– Keep up to date with the latest developments and advances in the field
– Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and guidelines
– Actively participate in the training of medical students, residents and colleagues.
– Participate in the Center’s translational research activities.
– Collaborate closely with the other services of the NCG (clinical genetics, molecular genetics and hemato-oncogenetics) and with external partners, in particular healthcare professionals, in order to provide comprehensive patient care and diagnostics of point.
– Represent the NCG at internal and external meetings and conferences as well as in national public health programs and working groups (e.g. the National Rare Disease Program).
– Medical Doctor certified in medical genetics/cytogenetics, or equivalent
– Eligible to obtain an authorization to practice as a doctor in Luxembourg (Mandatory) (http://www.sante.public.lu/fr/formulaires/professions/auteuration-exercise-profession-health/index.html)
– At least 5 years of experience in a cytogenetics laboratory (prenatal and postnatal)
– Strong knowledge of (molecular) cytogenetic techniques, including Karyotyping and FISH
– Strong leadership and team management skills
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Work experience in accredited medical laboratory (ISO 15189) is an advantage.
– Strong IT skills, including proficiency in laboratory IT systems (LIMS).
– Advanced English knowledge in spoken and written is required, knowledge of German or French are an
If you are a motivated professional and experienced and passionate about cytogenetics and innovation, we encourage you to apply for this new opportunity.
If you meet the above profile and wish to apply, please send your application in English (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees).
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate will be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, copies of diplomas and certificates of employment. An official criminal record (bulletin no.3) will also be required for consultation purpose.
Laboratoire national de santé | 1, rue Louis Rech | L-3555 Dudelange
T : (+352) 28 100 – 321/323 | F : (+352) 28 100 – 322 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.lns.lu